1. They are a nutrient-dense fruit that contain beneficial nutrients, minerals, and plant compounds to enhance the nutrient quality of your diet.
2. They can fit into a variety of healthy eating plans.
3. They act as a “nutrient booster” to help the body absorb more fat-soluble nutrients from foods eaten with them.
4. One-fifth of a medium avocado (1 oz.) contributes nearly 20 vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, making it a good choice to help meet nutrient needs.
5. Their creamy consistency makes them one of the first fresh foods a baby can enjoy, and they go great with other mashed fruits and veggies.
6. They add value to dishes and menu items.
7. Though they are the star in savory dishes like guacamole, they can also shine in sweet desserts and smoothies.
8. They are essential for a truly delicious guacamole.
9. They make a creamy and tasty addition to quinoa and other whole-grain dishes.
10. They play well with others … especially with other flavors.
11. They’re a green you don’t have to force yourself to eat; there’s something truly tempting about the taste and texture of a fresh avocado.
12. They store well for unexpected cravings. Unripe avocados stay fresh for 4 to 5 days.
13. They’ll continue to surprise you. Did you know avocados are actually a berry?
14. They are a single-seeded berry that ripens as a tree fruit once it has been harvested.
15. They are an excellent substitution for spreads on sandwiches and wraps, and fresh avocado can help you achieve your dietary goals of reducing the amount of saturated fat in your diet. Avocados are cholesterol, and sodium free, and more than 50% of the fruit’s fat content is monounsaturated.Find many more reasons to love avocados today.
16. Avocados make for a great ingredient in savory, sweet, and spicy dishes … but they also make a glowing addition to your beauty routine.
17. They are always in season and never go out of style.
18. They can be baked, fried, grilled, or eaten raw.
19. They add a thick, creamy touch to simple dressings or smoothies.
20. They add moisture, nutrients, and good fats in baked goods.
21. They contain less than one gram of sugar.
22. They pack a rich flavor but have 0 mg. of cholesterol and 0 mg. of sodium per serving.
23. They are virtually the only fruit that contains 3 grams monounsaturated fat and .5 grams polyunsaturated fat (the good fats).
24. Over 75 percent of the fat in avocados is unsaturated fat, making it a great substitute for foods high in saturated fats. According to the Dietary Guidelines 2010, replacing saturated fats or trans fats with unsaturated fats can reduce bad cholesterol levels in your body.
25. They contain 81 mg. of the carotenoids Lutein + Zeaxanthin per serving, which research suggests may help maintain eye health as you age.